Relocation & Removal From Jurisdiction Proceedings

When parents decide to separate or divorce, more often than not they continue to live and work in the same geographical area. However, there are certain circumstances where one parent may need to consider relocating overseas due to a remarriage or change of employment.

There may also be an international-based issue whereby one party may wish to return back to another jurisdiction in order to secure family support and financial assistance.

In these circumstances questions will arise such as:

  • what should happen to the child?
  • where should the child reside?
  • how much time shall each parent spend with the child?
  • how can these arrangements be best facilitated?

Our team of experienced family solicitors and lawyers recognise that family dynamics do change and are here to assist and provide guidance on being able to move forward.

In the event that such issues cannot be resolved by agreement between the parties, our family team is experienced to support you through an application for a specific issue order so that the court can determine whether a relocation or change of jurisdiction is in the best interests of the child.

Our family team offers both fixed fees and flexible pricing on pre- and post-nuptial agreements. If you would like to know more information please do not hesitate to contact our family team on +44 (0)20 7164 6234 to arrange an initial consultation, Click Here To Complete A No Obligation Enquiry or email us on