Separation Agreements

Separation Agreements

A separation agreement can often be referred to as a "Deed of Separation" and is widely used between parties that are not seeking to bring an end to their marriage or civil partnership at that stage. This allows the parties some breathing space before entering into either a divorce or civil partnership petition should they choose to do so later.

"Immense gratitude to have Michelle Bird represent me now and previously with her astonishing experience. Many thanks!"

Brian Xavier

Most separation agreements are drafted to allow for a period of a minimum of two years before either party decides to bring a divorce or civil partnership petition before the court on the basis of two years' separation by consent, thus taking the need to rely on a fault-based petition.

The agreement can contain all the provisions to formalise the arrangements surrounding:

  • where the parties shall live
  • how the family home shall be divided
  • how the chattels (contents) shall be divided
  • where a child of the family shall live
  • how much time the child spends with the other parent
  • any other family issues that may need to be formalised

Our family team has a vast experience in drafting separation agreements and is here to help and support each family being able to move forward as amicably as possible.

*Our family team offers both fixed fees and flexible pricing on pre- and post-nuptial agreements.

Make An Enquiry

If you would like to know more information please do not hesitate to contact our family team by calling us on +44 (0)20 7164 6234 or by Making An Online Enquiry and we will be happy to help you.